Collection of Personal Information
We collect information about you when (A) you give it to us, and (B) with automatic technologies.
A. Information You Provide to Us You may provide information to us through our site in various ways, such as through forms, features or other means offered through the Site. The types of information you provide us fits in two general categories:
Personal Information. “Personal Information” is information that is reasonably capable of being associated with you or someone else. Examples of Personal Information are your name, address, email address, or phone number. In most cases, when you provide information to us, you are providing Personal Information.
In general, you can visit this Site without identifying yourself or revealing any Personal Information. We only obtain your Personal Information if you provide it to us through this Site. At your option, there are times that we will collect the following types of Personal Information:
- Contact Information. Contact Information allows us to communicate with you about your account and communicate with you about orders you place with us. Contact Information includes but is not limited to, your name, address, phone number, and email address, or other information about yourself that you provide.
- Purchase Information. Purchase Information allows us to fulfill orders you place with us. Purchase Information includes, but is not limited to, your payment method and payment information, items you purchase, and items you have ordered, or other information that you provide.
- Vehicle Information. For some orders you place with us, we may need information about your vehicle, including the VIN number of the vehicle, or other information that you provide.
- Non-Personal Information.“Non-Personal Information” is information that is not reasonably capable of being associated with you or someone else. At your option, there are times you may provide Non-Personal Information, such as your interest in products and services that we offer.
- API Login Data. We may provide you with the option to register with us using your existing Google or Facebook account.
B. Information We Automatically Collect
In addition to information you provide to us, in some cases we may automatically collect Non-Personal Information. We may automatically collect the following types of Non-Personal Information:
- Device Information. This is information about how you access our Site, such as the operating system, hardware model, application or browser type and version, unique identifiers associated with your device and the domain name of the Web site from which you linked to our Site or advertisement.
- Cookie Information. This is information contained on “cookies” that are used by some pages on this Site. Cookies are small files that the Site places on your hard drive for identification purposes. Cookies do not collect Personal Information unless you supply it and cookies cannot read data off your hard drive. A cookie file can contain information such as a user ID to track pages you visit and your traffic pattern, which helps us collect information regarding the usefulness of the Site and effectiveness of the Site’s navigational structure, as well as to develop enhancements to the Site. Some cookies allow us to run Google websites and Google’s ads-related products and to allow you to Follow Us and Like us on our Facebook page through the Site.
In the event that Non-Personal Information collected is combined with Personal Information you have provided to us, we will treat it like Personal Information for as long as it is combined.
Use of Personal Information
We use and store the information we collect from you in order to fulfill your orders, improve our services to you, enhance your experience on this Site, to provide you with the information you have requested, to respond to your questions or resume submission, to promote products and our services, and for other internal purposes. We may also enhance or merge Personal Information you provide with data obtained from others for the same purposes. Some examples of how we use the information we collect are as follows:
To create your account and provide services. We use the information we collect to create and secure your account and to provide services to you, including the fulfillment of orders you place with us.
To communicate with you and to promote our services. We use information we collect to provide you with customer support or to send you things like service-related announcements and other updates, promotions or other standardized and customized marketing communications. Most of the time we’ll communicate with you by email.
To improve and promote our Site. We use information we collect to understand how you shop with us, determine the methods and devices used to access our Site and to improve or enhance our Site.
For legal reasons. We reserve the right to access, use, preserve, transfer or disclose, at any time without notice to you, any information (including Personal Information) as reasonably necessary to comply with applicable laws, regulations and filing requirements.
To prevent or detect fraud. We use information to protect our customer’s accounts, our services, or to detect or prevent any security or technical issues related to our services.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may process or share your data that we hold based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Service providers who assist us in operating the Website or providing products and services to you
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Affiliates. We may share your information with our affiliates, in which case we will require those affiliates to honor this privacy notice. Affiliates include our parent company and any subsidiaries, joint venture partners or other companies that we control or that are under common control with us.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
Cookies and Tracking
Social Media Widgets
“Do Not Track” signals
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
At V7 Motorsport, we take the security of your personal information seriously. We follow industry-standard security measures to ensure that your information is protected against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Our payment gateway is secured by SSL/TLS encryption, and we do not store your credit card information on our servers. We also comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), which is a set of security standards designed to ensure that all companies that accept, process, store, or transmit credit card information maintain a secure environment.
In the event of a data breach that affects your personal information, we will notify you in a timely manner as required by applicable laws. We will also take all necessary steps to mitigate any harm caused by the breach and to prevent future breaches from occurring.
While we take reasonable measures to protect your personal information, no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is completely secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. If you have any questions about the security of our website, please contact us at Contact@V7Motorsports.com.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting or other legal requirements). No purpose in this notice will require us to keep your personal information for longer than the period of time in which users have an account with us.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
You have the right to access, modify, or delete your personal information that we hold. You may also opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us. To exercise these rights, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
Our site is intended for adults. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not send us any Personal Information. If you know of anyone under the age of 18 who has provided us with information, please contact us immediately and we will remove the information.
International Data Transfers
Our servers are located in the United States. If you are accessing our Services from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information, in the United States, and other countries.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you (also known as the ‘Right to Know’), to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information above.
If you would like to designate an authorized agent to submit these requests on your behalf, please contact us at the address above.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
After reviewing this policy, if you have additional questions, want more information about our privacy practices, or would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at Contact@V7Motorsports.com